Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 144 Polk/Slinger - Fast facts
|View SE, WIS 144 - Polk/Slinger, Washington County in a larger map.|
WIS 144, Overlook Dr. to 1/4 mile north of County NN and the interchange at US 41, in the town of Polk and village of Slinger, Washington County.
US 41/WIS 144
- Intersection improvement at County NN and WIS 144
- Slopes modified on WIS 144 to accommodate future sidewalk south of US 41
- Reconstruct existing interchange to a diamond interchange
- Eliminate the SB loop on-ramp
- Realign intersection ramp terminals to improve and meet design standards
- The new bridge over US 41 will meet the vertical clearance of 16 foot 9 inch
Promote your business during construction
The current condition of the roadway and bridge is highly deteriorated. The addition of left-turn lanes in the medians on WIS 144 will help create a safer condition for vehicles turning left onto the ramps. Parallel ramps will allow traffic to safely exit and enter on to US 41.
Ramp gates will be added to the on ramps for controlling traffic entering the freeway during an incident.
March thru late fall 2014
- The project will be staged with three of the four ramps closed in Stage 2.
- The NB off ramp will remain open until Stage 3 construction begins.
- WIS 144 traffic will be able to cross US 41 either using the existing or new bridge.
- The posted detour route is WIS 60 west to Kettle Moraine Drive north.
Doug Cain, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Brian DeNeve, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications Specialist
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: August 13, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.