Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 167/Mequon Rd. (US 145-WIS 181) Corridor Study - Need/purpose
Why is this project needed?
This corridor study seeks to preserve safe operations on WIS 167
Traffic growth and congestion
- Due to the transition in adjacent land use from rural to urban uses, traffic is expected to grow along the entire corridor at a faster rate than the historic growth trend.
- As traffic congestion increases, operations at intersections will deteriorate to undesirable levels by 2040.
- WIS 167 is a National Highway System Route and provides an important east-west link between I-41 and I-43.
- Crashes exceed statewide crash rates along the segment between Pilgrim Road and Country Aire Drive.
- There were 154 crashes with two fatalities and 17 significant injuries.
Lack of bicycle and pedestrian accommodations
Pedestrian and bicycle accommodations are discontinuous throughout the corridor.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: April 29, 2015
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.