Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 241/S. 27th Street Reconstruction
Franklin/Oak Creek, Milwaukee
A Public Involvement Meeting was conducted Thursday, March 26.
- Location map
- Project overview
- Typical section - from Drexel Ave. to Minnesota Ave.
- Typical section - from Minnesota Ave. to College Ave.
- Construction Staging
WIS 241 (S. 27th St.), south of Drexel Ave., to north of College Ave., within the communities of Franklin and Oak Creek, in Milwaukee County.
Improvements throughout the project include:
- Full reconstruction of the concrete pavement
- Modifying median openings to improve safety
- Adding bicycle and pedestrian accommodations
- Improving intersections
- Adding and extending right and left turn lanes
- Updating traffic signals
The existing pavement on this section of WIS 241 (S. 27th St.), is highly deteriorated. Crashes are above the statewide average on the corridor and traffic growth and congestion are expected to increase. There is also a lack of bicycle and pedestrian accommodations.
- During the project, two lanes of traffic will be open in each direction on WIS 241, from College to Minnesota avenues, with turn lanes provided at the signalized intersections.
- Beginning the week of April 27, traffic may be down to one lane from south of Drexel Ave., to Minnesota Ave., until the traffic switch currently scheduled for mid-summer.
- At night, one lane of traffic will be open in each direction for the entire length of the project and turn lanes may be closed.
Construction is scheduled to begin spring 2015 and completed fall 2016.
Tom Lazcano P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Brian DeNeve, WisDOT SE Region Communications
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: April 21, 2015
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.