Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 28 (Main Street) Rehabilitation - Fast facts
Kewaskum and Farmington, in Washington
|View SE, WIS 28 (Main St.) Rehabilitation, Kewaskum and Farmington, in Washington County. in a larger map.|
The sanitary sewer and water main construction has been completed. Work on the north half of the Milwaukee River bride is expected to continue into July, with the contractor switching to the south half of the bridge at that point.
- A business outreach meeting will be held Wednesday, July 9 at 11 a.m., in the Kewaskum Village Hall, located at 204 First Street. Residents interested in learning more about the project are encouraged to attend.
- View US 45 detour map
WIS 28 (Main Street) Rehabilitation, US 45 to WIS 144, Kewaskum and Farmington, in Washington County.
The project will:
- Rehabilitate WIS 28, from US 45 to WIS 144
- Replace the bridge over the Milwaukee River
- Also include sanitary sewer and water main work by the village of Kewaskum
Promote your business during construction
- Mar.-Dec. 2014
- WIS 28 will be closed to through traffic during construction.
- A detour will be utilized for the duration of the project.
Utility relocations are ongoing. WIS 28 will be closed to through traffic beginning on March 24, 2014. Sanitary sewer and water main construction is scheduled to being in late March. Work on replacing the Milwaukee River Bridge will being in May.
Michael Pyritz, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications Manager
Tony Minto, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Project field office phone number
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: June 26, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.