Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
I-794 Lakefront Gateway Project
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County
|View SE, I-794 Lakefront Gateway Project - Milwaukee, Milwaukee County in a larger map.|
I-794 (Lincoln Memorial Dr. ramps, Lincoln Memorial Dr. and local streets) in Milwaukee, Milwaukee County.
- WisDOT and the city of Milwaukee have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that allows for the design of the I-794 Lakefront Gateway project to occur, so that construction may immediately follow the construction of the Hoan Bridge Project.
- In March 2013, the city of Milwaukee, state of Wisconsin and Milwaukee County announced $34 million in work on the Lake Interchange and local roads, including an extension of North Lincoln Memorial Dr. The intent of these projects is to support development along the lake front.
- This project includes the study and evaluation of the realignment of the Lincoln Memorial Drive ramps and associated street improvements within the Lake Interchange.
- Work performed under this contract will include the study of alternatives, preparation of the environmental document, and preliminary engineering plans for the preferred alternate.
- Project cost estimated at $34 million
- Design work with construction anticipated to begin fall of 2015 and continue until summer 2016.
- Final construction schedule yet to be completed.
- Preliminary engineering started November 2013.
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: June 23, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.