Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 83 Reconstruction
|View SE, WIS 83 (County E-US 18) Delafield in Waukesha County in a larger map.|
The Glacial Drumlins Trail beneath WIS 83 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, October 1.
The next project update meeting for the WIS 83 project will be held at 8 a.m. on October 17 at the Culvers on US 18 located at 400 E Summit Ave, Wales, WI 53183.
WIS 83, approximately 3,500 feet south of County E to approximately 4,500 feet north of US 18, in the town of Genesee, the village of Wales and the city of Delafield, in Waukesha County.
- The project will reconstruct WIS 83 to four lanes from County E to US 18.
- The project will also add roundabouts at County E and US 18.
Promote your business during construction
Construction February-December 2014
- Traffic will be maintained on WIS 83 during construction, with flagging.
- Detours will be utilized for a portion of the project. View detour maps.
- Construction will begin at the bridge over the Glacier Drumlin State Trail. The existing bridge will be removed and replaced with two separate structures.
- Temporary asphalt will be installed in the early portion of the project in order to allow one lane of traffic in each direction while construction occurs.
Utility relocations are ongoing. Construction has begun on the first bridge over the Glacier Drumlin Trail. Temporary signals have been installed at the US 18 and County E intersections. Stage 1 roadwork will be ongoing, weather dependent.
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: September 26, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.