Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 16 - Fast facts
Onalaska, La Crosse
|View SW, WIS 16 - La Crosse County in a larger map.|
WIS 16 in La Crosse, between WIS 157 and South Kinney Coulee Road, near the Valley View Mall.
- Work will begin April 28, 2013, to repair the pavement on this high volume stretch of highway located in a busy commercial area.
- The work is expected to take 3-4 weeks. The project schedule is being accelerated to complete the work as quickly as possible.
- During the first two weeks, from 7 p.m. Sunday (Apr. 28) to noon Friday (May 3), WIS 16 will be closed to traffic.
- The signed detour route is WIS 157 to I-90.
- The WIS 157 and South Kinney Coulee Road intersections will be open at all times.
- During the last week and a half, WIS 16 will be open during the day and reduced to single lane traffic in each direction nightly, 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
Construction starts April 28, 2013, and is expected to be completed before the end of May 2013.
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Rd.
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022 or (888) 368-5463 (toll free)
Fax: (608) 785-9969
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, email@example.com
Last modified: May 1, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.