Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 19 (Main St.) - Fast facts
|View SW, WIS 19 (Main St.), in Waunakee, Dane County in a larger map.|
WIS 19 (Main St.), Holiday Dr. to Division St., in Waunakee, Dane County.
- This project includes a new roundabout replacing the traffic signal at the intersection of WIS 19 and Century Ave.
- Sidewalk will be added to the north side of WIS 19 from Holiday Dr. to Klein Dr.
- A new traffic signal will be added at WIS 19 and Holiday Dr.
- The existing traffic signal at WIS 19 and Madison St. will be replaced and improved to provide dedicated left turn lanes.
- Replacement of storm sewer, curb and gutter, asphalt pavement, signing and pavement marking.
- A curb bump out will be added just west of South St. to provide an improved pedestrian crossing of WIS 19.
- Railroad crossing signals and gates will be improved at the railroad crossing on WIS 19 just east of South St.
- The village of Waunakee
- Plans a streetscaping project during the same construction season.
- Will be replacing sidewalk, curb and gutter, and adding concrete paver terraces from Fish St. to Madison St.
- Will also install new decorative lighting from Holiday Dr. to Division St.
- Construction scheduled May to Aug. 2014.
- WIS 19, WIS 113, and County Q will be detoured with local traffic.
- Pedestrian access being maintained throughout the project.
- Business access will be maintained; however may need to change as construction work progresses.
- Detour map
Brenda Schoenfeld, WisDOT Project Supervisor
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright St.
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: May 23, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.