Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51, Stoughton Rd. Corridor Study - Schedule
For more information on Public Involvement Meetings (PIM), hearings and other public activities, visit Public involvement.
No major construction projects are planned at this time.
Current (this year)
- Sept. 2014 - Draft EIS (DEIS) anticipated to be completed
- Oct. 2014 - Public hearing anticipated
- Nov. 2014 - Select preferred alternative anticipated
- Winter 2014/2015 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) anticipated
Future (next year and beyond)
Past (anything prior to today)
- July 30, 2013 - Property owner/stakeholder mtg., presented updated alternatives to businesses: East Washington Ave.
- June 4, 2013 - Property owner/stakeholder mtg., presented updated alternatives to businesses: Pierstorff, County CV
- May 22, 2013 - Property owner/stakeholder mtg., presented updated alternatives to businesses: Voges Rd. to Cottage Grove Rd.
- Mar. 19, 2013 - PIM, presented updated alternatives
- Items started in 2012
- Update crash data traffic operations and modeling data
- Review and refine/update alternatives developed as part of the TSNIA
- Analyze and assess impacts of updated alternatives
- Aug. 14, 2012 - PIM to reacquaint the public with the project and work completed as part of the Traffic, Safety and Needs Identification Analysis (TSNIA) and provide info. regarding the new study
- Nov. 2011 - Transportation Projects Commission (TPC) approved the corridor for an Environmental Impact Study (EIS)
Mar. 2004 - Spring 2012
- TSNIA corridor study to develop long-term planning
alternatives to address issues identified in the Needs
Assessment (NA), including:
- Improving safety
- Reducing congestion
- Improving bicycle, pedestrian and transit facilities
- Reducing diversion to neighborhood streets
- Supporting economic development
- Developed draft alternatives
- Assessed impacts
- Traffic modeling
- Public involvement
- Community events
- Focus groups
Oct. 2001 - June 2003
- NA conducted on the corridor to identify corridor
deficiencies and needs:
- Neighborhood, business, bicycle/pedestrian focus groups
- Public opinion survey
Questions about the content of this page:
US 51 Stoughton Road Study Team, email@example.com
Last modified: June 23, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.