Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
I-90 Reconstruction - Need/purpose
Why is this project needed?
- The current US 53/WIS 35 interchange with I-90 needs to be brought up to current engineering design standards.
- Work on US 53/WIS 35 is needed to repair those highways and to accommodate a new interchange at Exit 3.
- Work on I-90 and other roads is needed to either accommodate the reconstructed interchange or to repair the existing roads.
- Deficiencies - Pavement, bridge conditions and design need to be addressed to ensure its long-term performance.
System Linkage and Route Importance
- I-90 is the longest interstate in the U.S., and directly connects Wisconsin to 12 other states as well as the east and west coastlines.
- WIS 35 is the longest state highway in Wisconsin and runs the entire distance of Wisconsinís western border providing a link for those residents.
- The interchange of I-90 and WIS 35 is a vital link in both Wisconsinís and the national transportation system.
Improve safety, repair of deterioration, improve traffic operations.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: June 11, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.