US 12/14 West Beltline Modifications (University Ave.-Mineral Pt. Rd.) - Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
General FAQ | Noise walls FAQ
When will construction occur?
2014. Construction may begin as early as Feb. 2014 and then will continue through the year.
Will the noise analysis result in construction of a noise barrier?
Yes. A noise barrier will be constructed on the east side, Mineral Point Rd. to Old Sauk Rd.
Will access to the Beltline be limited?
- No, all ramps will be open. Also one lane will be available for travel in each direction.
Will there be traffic impacts at particular times of the day?
- Yes, there will be daytime construction along with some nighttime construction.
- For daytime traveling, two lanes in each direction will be maintained.
- However, for some nighttime traveling, there will be times when there will only be one lane available in a certain direction.
How many public meetings took place? When and what were they about?
Two in 2013
- Sept. 17, 2013 - PIM, provided info. on project construction (schedule, maps, more..)
- Aug. 15, 2013 - Presentation to Sauk Creek Neighborhood
Two in 2012
- Sept. 26, 2012 - PIM, focused on project improvements from Gammon Rd. to Old Sauk Rd.
- Oct. 30, 2012 - PIM, focused on project improvements from Old Sauk Rd. to Terrace Ave.
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, email@example.com
Last modified: October 22, 2013