Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 12/14 West Beltline Modifications (University Ave.-Mineral Pt. Rd.) - Need/purpose
Why is this project needed?
- Crash rates are high
- Existing and forecasted traffic volumes are high
- Capacity and level of service are substandard
- Many of the features on the Beltline do not meet current design standards
The purpose of the project is to serve existing and projected traffic volumes while avoiding and minimizing impacts to the natural, physical, and socioeconomic environment where feasible and prudent.
- Improve geometric deficiencies that are unsafe, impact traffic flow, and cause driver confusion.
- Improve the highway facility to meet current design standards.
- Provide better mobility by meeting vehicle capacity and level of service needs.
Project benefits/anticipated outcomes
Improve the existing highway, particularly between University Ave. and Gammon Rd., and to increase safety and operations.
- Terrace Ave. to Greenway Blvd.
- Greenway Blvd. to Old Sauk Rd
- Old Sauk Rd. to Mineral Point Rd.
- Mineral Point Rd. to Gammon Rd.
- Other Improvements
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: October 22, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.