Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 151 Freeway Conversion
|View SW, US 151 Freeway Conversion project location.|
US 151, WIS 73 (Columbus) to WIS 49 (Waupun), in Dodge County.
US 151 Freeway Conversion covers approximately 27 miles of US 151. Planning started in July 2007.
This study will analyze the US 151 corridor for conversion to a freeway facility. This will entail looking at the removal of driveways that access the roadway, at-grade intersections and railroad crossings.
This study will be conducted in three phases, each taking approximately two years:
- Phase 1 - Data will be collected along the corridor. This entails land use plans, environmental resources, traffic and crash statistics. Preliminary roadway modifications for the freeway conversion will also be developed.
- Phase 2 - Environmental documentation. An Environmental Assessment (EA) will be completed to determine the impacts of the freeway conversion.
- Phase 3 - Map the corridor according to Wisconsin Statute 84.295. Mapping will preserve the corridor for future highway use.
Removing at-grade intersection and access points will improve roadway safety and the Level of Service. The study will help preserve the corridor for highway purposes.
US 151 is designated as a Corridors 2020 backbone route, which is an important roadway connecting the south central part of the state with the Fox Valley and Green Bay area.
- Study - Long term planning with no construction activity
- 2013-2015 - Environmental study and documentation preparation
- 2015-2017 - Prepare official map
Questions about the content of this page:
Mark Westerveld, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: November 11, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.