Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 18/151 Freeway Conversion Study
Dane and Iowa counties
|View US 18/151 (Dodgeville to Verona) Freeway Conversion Study in a larger map.|
US 18/151, US 18/151 (Dodgeville) to County MV (Verona), Dane and Iowa counties.
- US 18/151 is an important roadway connecting the major Midwest cities of Dubuque, Iowa and Madison, Wisconsin and is identified as a Backbone Route in WisDOT's Connections 2030 Plan.
- The plan places high priority in protecting these highway investments that connect major economic/population centers and carry long-distance, statewide traffic.
- The purpose of this study is to develop a long-term highway plan for converting this 28 mile portion of US 18/151 to a freeway.
- The Study will result in a plan for the eventual removal of all direct access by existing local roads and driveways onto US 18/151.
- This study is focusing on identifying and planning improvements to long-term access to and from the corridor, not adding additional capacity (travel lanes on US 18/151).
Study to be completed in 2013, with construction activity in Ridgeway scheduled in 2017. (see Section 2 on maps pg. for details)
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: November 20, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.