Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 18/151 Freeway Conversion Study - Maps
US 18/151, US 18/151 (Dodgeville) to County MV (Verona), Dane and Iowa counties.
View US 18/151 (Dodgeville to Verona) Freeway Conversion Study in a larger map.
- The US 18/151 Freeway Conversion will result in a plan for the eventual removal of all direct access by existing local roads and driveways onto US 18/151.
- When construction of all plan elements is completed, access to US 18/151 will be at highway interchanges only.
- Local access to the interchanges will be facilitated by new grade separated crossings over or under US 18/151 and by adding to and improving the existing local road system.
The recommended alternatives are shown on separate maps. The sections are labeled by number from west to east and by location limits. A brief description of the selected alternative for each section is also provided.
Note - The final locations of some local roads are still to be determined. Coordination with local stakeholders will continue until the design and location of the local road changes and all other plan elements is completed.
Section 1 - US 18 to County BB
- Alternative 1B - Interchange (diamond) at existing County Y and local road additions and alterations.
Section 2 - County BB to County H
- Alternative 2B - Interchange west of the Village of Ridgeway with connections to County BB and to County HHH (west).
Section 3 - County H to County K
- Alternative 3B - Interchange at County HHH/High Point Road, extension of County K west to the Village of Ridgeway, local road grade separations, additions and alterations.
Section 4 - Mounds View Road to WIS 78
- Alternative 4A - Interchange (partial cloverleaf) at County F and grade separations of town roads to the east and west.
Section 5 - WIS 78 to County P
- Alternative 5A - No changes to existing.
Section 6 - County P to County MV
- Alternative 6B - No interchange at County J. Frontage road system on south side of US 18/151, extended and new town roads on north side. Add auxiliary lanes between County G and County MV.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, email@example.com
Last modified: July 11, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.