Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
RIDESHARE - Construction information
Check on the construction projects you commute through for up to date road construction information.
Commuting through construction zones
- Carpooling is a great way to reduce congestion if you commute through a construction zone.
- Construction workers are also safer when there is less congestion in work zones.
- Carpooling with one other person would reduce construction congestion in half.
Travel/construction project information
- Construction project information
travel information for current traffic information updated
- Congestion information
- Real-time freeway camera images
- Lane and ramp closures
- Work zones and detours (updated biweekly)
- Current Chicago congestion levels
Listen to RIDESHARE commercials regarding construction
- Radio ad - Do the math - Construction crew mathematically work out that ridesharing could cut the number of cars coming through the construction zone. Playing time 00:01:00 Audio transcript
- Radio ad - 3 to 1 rule - When three lanes get reduced to one, carpooling is the answer. Playing time 00:01:00 Audio transcript
- Radio ad - The referral - Construction worker who wants to be safe is so impressed with the value of ridesharing that he talks it up in all circumstances. Playing time 00:01:00 Audio transcript
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
Karen Schmiechen, email@example.com
Last modified: March 27, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.