Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
RIDESHARE - Commuter environmental information
- After you register with RIDESHARE you can track your commute each day and run reports that compute your cost savings, pollution and greenhouse gas reductions. Log in with your email address and password and click on "Track your Commute Monthly."
- Did you know that your personal style of driving could have a significant impact on the environment. Check out your personal eco-driving skills.
- Check out these individual actions you can take to improve air quality as you travel.
- Learn more about environmental issues on the EPA website and calculate your household emissions.
Use our Calculator to calculate your commuting costs and environmental impact.
What is your environmental footprint?
Calculate the amount of CO2 you personally emit per year.
- How big is your ecological footprint? Take the quiz.
Brookhaven National Laboratory
environmental rideshare benefits. The average passenger car
- 21 pounds of hydrocarbons
- 234 pounds of carbon monoxide
- 17 pounds of nitrogen oxides
- 9,631 pounds of CO
- Automobiles and light trucks are considered one of the largest
contributors to air quality problems. EPA estimates from 2008 show
that these vehicles accounted for:
- 22 percent of total hydrocarbon emissions
- 50 percent of the total CO emissions
- 32 percent of the NOx emissions
- 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions
- Provides environmental rideshare benefits. The average passenger car contributes annually:
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
Karen Schmiechen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: July 19, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.