Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Rest area 106 - US 61/151
southbound, near Kieler in Grant County
Note - Southbound access ONLY until mid-Nov. Northbound access to this rest area is closed from Sept. 2-Nov. 14 due to the bridge at the US 61/151 and WIS 11 interchange is closed.
- US 61/US 151 and WIS 11/WIS 35 interchange, south of Kieler in Grant County
- Situated at the west end of the interchange, accessible from all directions
- GPS coordinates: N 42° 31.261' W -90° 37.029'
- Rest area opened in 1993
- Frank Lloyd Wright "Prairie Style" inspired building design
- 6-sided theme carried throughout the building and site
- Converging, cantilevered deck reminiscent of the "Infinity Room" at the House on the Rock
- View towards the Mississippi River and restored prairie from the deck
Robert Spoerl, email@example.com
Last updated: September 15, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.