Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Merrimac Ferry (Colsac III) is open for the 2015 season. The ferry will remain open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, until ice forms on the Wisconsin River.
- Is Wisconsin's only FREE ferry.
- Merrimac Ferry crosses the Wisconsin River between Sauk and Columbia counties.
- Shuttles WIS 113 traffic 24 hours a day, seven days a week, between Okee on the east bank and Merrimac on the west.
- The ferry holds 15 vehicles at a time, in addition to bicycles and pedestrians, and last year (2012) ferried over 282,000 vehicles across the river.
- A single crossing takes about seven minutes.
- Hazardous materials, including but not limited to, agricultural nitrogen, propane in excess of 100 lbs., fuel in excess of 100 gallons, ARE NOT allowed on the vessel.
- Emergency and/or planned maintenance closures of the ferry will be posted on the Wisconsin 511 Travel information website.
WisDOT Division of Transportation Systems Development (DTSD), email@example.com
Last modified: Apr. 6, 2015
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.